Sovereign Order of Kekistan
Homestead Act (2017)
Due to the absence of a Parliament at this time, this Act was prepared by His Holiness’s Grand Justiciar, Corey Cardinal Smith, acting temporarily as Grand Commander of the Inner Circle of the Grand Knights of the Round Table, in accordance with instruction received from His Holiness, on the 4th of April 2017.
An Act to allow settlers to secure and the state to authenticate homesteads on the public domain within the territory of the Sovereign Order of Kekistan.
Details of the Act
- 1 – May it be enacted by His Holiness that any member of the Sovereign Order of Kekistan, who is the head of a settling family, or is eighteen (18) years old and a member of the Sovereign Order of Kekistan, whose intentions do not violate that of the written Constitution of the Sovereign Order of Kekistan, and Kekistani law prior and thereafter the date of the enactment of this Act, is entitled to request for patent of one (1) acre of unincorporated land within the Sovereign Order of Kekistan.
- 2 – Unless granted by His Holiness’s Grand Seneschal, one individual shall not have subdivided land greater than one (1) acre, this must be done under request and handled on a case-by-case basis.
- 3 – The person applying for the benefit of this act shall, upon application to the land register of His Holiness’s Grand Seneschal in which he or she is about to make such entry, make affidavit before the said register or receiver that he or she is the head of a family, or is eighteen (18) years or more of age, and has made no attempt to violate the Constitution, and that said entry is for settlement and cultivation, which does not directly or indirectly be used to benefit one’s person.
- 4 – Provided, however, that no certificate shall be given or patent issued therefore until the expiration of five (5) years from the date of such entry and at the preemption of one Bitcoin (1 BTC) upon the completion of stated period; and if, at the expiration of such time, or at any time within two (2) years thereafter, the person making such entry; or, if he be dead, his widow; or in case of her death, his heirs or devisee; or in case of a widow making such entry, her heirs or devisee, in case of her death; shall prove by two (2) credible witnesses that he, she, or they have resided upon or cultivated the same for the term of five (5) years immediately succeeding the time of filing the affidavit aforesaid, and made payment of 1 BTC, and shall make affidavit that no part of said land has been alienated, and that he has borne true allegiance to the Prince-Bishop of Kekistan; then, in such case, he, she, or they, if at that time a full citizen of Sovereign Order of Kekistan, shall be entitled to a patent, as in other cases provided for by law.
- 5 – Further, that in-case of the death of both father and mother, leaving an infant child, or children, under eighteen (18) years of age, the right and fee shall ensure to the benefit of said infant child or children; and the executor, administrator, or guardian may, at any time within two years after the death of the surviving parent, and in accordance with the laws of the region in which such children for the time being have their domicile, sell said land for the benefit of said infants, but for no other purpose; and the purchaser shall acquire the absolute title by the purchase, and be entitled to a patent from Kekistan, on payment of the office fees and sum of money herein specified.
- 6 – Further, the land register of the His Holiness’s Grand Seneschal shall note all such applications on the tract books and plats of his office, and keep a register of all such entries, and make return thereof to the His Holiness’s Grand Seneschal, together with the proof upon which they have been founded. And no lands acquired under the provisions of this act shall in any event become liable to the satisfaction of any debt or debts contracted prior to the issuing of the patent therefore.
- 7 – If, at any time after the filing of the affidavit, as required in the second section of this act, and before the expiration of the five years aforesaid, it shall be proven after due notice to the settler, to the satisfaction of the land register of the His Holiness’s Grand Seneschal’s Land Office, that the person having filed such affidavit shall have actually changed his or her residence, or abandoned the said land for more than six months at any time, then and in that event the land so entered shall revert to His/Her Holiness.