His Holiness’s Cardinal Secretary of State for Technology & Energy, normally referred to as the Grand Scientist: Victoria Holland
The Ministry of Technology & Energy is focussed on Innovation, Energy, and Science.
- Of particular focus is the technology used by the Knights of Kekistan so as to provide structure to the fraternal order.
- The ministry is also researching the use of Bitcoin as the currency of Kekistan.
- Research is also being made into how solar energy may be utilised, and how water may be sourced.
In recent years, the web has come under increasing attack from governments and corporate influence, so the Ministry of Technology think introducing the following legislation would be a positive way of guaranteeing internet freedom.
The proposed legislation would:
- Guarantee online privacy. No more indiscriminate mass surveillance. A person should only be monitored if there is a very good reason and if there is a court order.
- Promote freedom of information.
- Guarantee freedom of expression.
- No Orwellian “on by default” filters: It should be responsibility of parents, not the government or ISPs, to activate filtering on personal (not school, library or other general usage) computers, so as to protect children from ‘adult’ content.
- Ensure data protection: Data should not be collected without users’ consent, and they should be able to request its deletion at any time.
- Encourage the usage of open standards and open source technology. Publicly-funded organisations should use open source instead of proprietary technology and this should also be taught in state-funded schools.
Residents of Kekistan would be encouraged to contribute to the Ministry of Technology any ideas on this legislation and what should be included. People would be able to vote for ideas they like and to improve upon other citizens’ ideas, to ensure the process is truly collaborative and democratic.